I made a list of people and other elements of my life that I’m grateful this morning, easily and quickly coming up with seventy. Here are a few that relate to running.
- I’m lucky to be able to make a living in running. I didn’t come up with this idea. At the US Cross Country championships a few years ago I asked Pete Julian how he was doing and he said something to the effect of, “I’m making a living in running, so life is great.” Exactly. Now I just need to do enough good work to keep making a living in running.
- Blessed to live 23 minutes from the Dowdy Draw trailhead.
- Lucky to work with high school athletes at the Boulder Running Camps. I truly believe that high school runners are the soul of the sport and to be able to serve them is a pleasure.
- I’m so lucky to have the chance to help high school coaches, who in turn help high school athletes, through High School Running Coach and the Boulder Running Clinics.
- I’m so blessed that people respond to the newsletter with stories of their running. That connection is a treat.
- I love mountain biking and I’m blessed to live 75 minutes from the Colorado Trail and four hours from Fruita.
- I love skiing and I’m blessed to live in Colorado.
- Camping – alone, with the kids, or with Nicci and the kids, is such a treat. Again, so lucky to live a couple of hours from numerous places to camp with kids.
- I’m gratful for mediation apps.
- Grateful for all of the people who have left reviews for Simple Marathon Training and the Run Faster Podcast. They took time out of their lives to help me and I sincerely appreciate it.
What are you grateful for? I’d love to to hear from you – after you enjoy the holiday – so email me at jay @ coach jay johnson dot com.
Have a great Thanksgiving and I’ll be in touch on Sunday.